Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Unruly WIP's

For some reason today all my wip's and projects that I started today just weren't going to cooperate at all. First of all my lace shawl's stitch count didn't come out right or at least in my mind it didn't. I think that the problem was remembering the repeat and that it didn't start with an even number of stitches because there is a +1 at the beginning then the repeat which includes that in it after that.
Next I tried to start a bookmark that is a KAL in Monthly Bookmarks. I couldn't seem to get past row 5 without dropping stitches. I'm going to need a longer needle to accomodate the cable needle. The other end of the circular seemed to pop out of the stitches when I used the cable needle. I haven't started the bookmark again.
The second project that I started today is a market bag from Peaches and Creme. I bought the kit. Anyway I was having problems after I joined in the round. I thought that I had checked to make sure that it wasn't twisted but it was twice. After pulling it all out to start the third time it behaved for me. One more row then I can start on the pattern rows.
I was beginning to think that I should have a knit free day but was determined to get them to behave.
On a better note: I did receive my package from my secret exchange partner yesterday (Monthly Bookmarks). She sent to me a purple dishcloth with flip flops on it, a variegated blue lacy bookmark, sticky notes in the shape of a J, 2 candles, magnetic clip, some sock yarn, and a round lacy dishcloth in yellow. I love all the goodies that Toni sent.
I'll be taking a picture of the progress of my lace shawl tomorrow.
The cabinet is still in the planning stages so I plan on changing the configuration of the shelves and bins a little bit. Shelves in the middle with one set of bins on the bottom and the other set on top (both made of wood) so hopefully that will balance the book better. Hubby is planning on reinforcing the back so the cabinet won't tip over.

No comments: