Thursday, July 10, 2008

Machine Mutiny at work...

I went to work as usual. I noticed the one printer had the menu light flashing. I called a co worker hoping that he knew what to do. He suggested that I googled for the service manual for that particular printer, which I did. I found the part that I needed. All it told me was that I would have to wait for the printer to cool down before it would stop flashing and would print. Well I needed that printer to print out a report so that I could start working. I had this brilliant idea to switch with the phone printer since it had the same type of connections. I got the printer switched and was able to print. I switched it back afterwards since the original printer was cooler to the touch. When I sent the deposit somehow I must have disconnected some other wires when I unplugged the printer because now it wouldn't dial out to send the deposit. I checked all the connections that I could find but they all seemed to be fine. I've been told before that the wiring underneath is very temperamental about how it's moved (couldn't get it fixed that night). the next machine to rebel was the fax. For some reason it never occurred to me that the paper gauge in the back was loose. I was trying everything else to see where the paper was jammed. It took the person that came in the next morning to tell me what was wrong with it. Just one of those nights.

No comments: