Friday, July 18, 2008

Infestation Control


My hubby can be so funny sometimes. He tells me that my yarn habit is infesting the house. I told him it isn't in every room. His comeback is to tell me not yet. So I had him design me a cabinet to store my yarn, books, needles and other stuff in. Of course, I put my two cents worth in while he was designing it since he asked my opinion. What he came up with is a cabinet that is 60" tall x 36" wide x 15" deep. It will have doors on it. Inside will be two rows of 3 bins each (all made of wood) to put yarn in, finished projects, and whatever else will fit. Above that will be two shelves for books. I think I threw a monkey wrench in his plans when I thought maybe it would be a good idea to put something like a fold down shelf that I would be able to attach the ball winder and swift to when I need to wind yarn and then be able to put it away after. Not sure how that is progressing since I haven't asked yet. It will control my infestatin problem for a little while anyway. Can't get the materials until next month (bills need to be paid). It's something to keep hubby busy for a while and he does like to work with wood. Will take pictures of it when it's done and after I've put everything in it.

I'm procrastinating on the socks, but I did start a simple lace shawl today (pics in a few days of it's progression). Just finished my first bobble pattern. Once I started they were pretty easy actually (don't know why I thought they would be difficult).

No comments: