Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bookmark Surprise


I haven't started on my new socks yet because I wanted finish a bookmark KAL. It began as 5 separate triangles that had tails hanging out hence the reason for the resemblance to a jellyfish. Then switched to a green for the stem and had two more tails. the stem was knit using i-cord technique. By the time that I was done knitting it I was a little reluctant to weave in so many ends. I was thinking of trying to pass it off as a mutant jellyfish (should have taken a picture of it before weaving in the ends), but thought better and finished it today.
In other news: It's our 25th wedding anniversary today. I can't believe it has been that long already. Not sure what we're doing yet. I got a 25th Anniversary card from hubby as well as Nene Thomas magnet (I love her work) and a devil duck (he's just so cute). Also, glasses should be here on the 25th.
I have finally wound the yarn to begin new socks using the pattern mentioned in Pursuit of the perfect Sock Pattern. If everything works out well I should be able to cast on today and have a picture of my progress in a few days.

No comments: