Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bookmark This Page!!



Still working on my shawl. Although from time to time I have to tink it because somehow I manage to add an extra stitch. On a good note I'm starting to recognize what the stitches are supposed to look like and can usually fix it without going all the way back to the problem (not always though). I have started on my bookmark for the contest at Monthly Bookmarks. It doesn't look like much at the moment (needs to be blocked). The pattern is still in progress for the finished piece (ideas continually pop in). The latest idea I think will work just need to work it out on paper first so that I will have enough rows for both. Stay tuned for more... don't want to give it all away just yet. I just couldn't resist starting another one of Maile's new patterns. this one is called 1/2 Drop Diamond Madeira. This pattern is working up nicely. It's done in Peaches & Creme worsted weight cotton called faded denim.
At work we're learning a new operating system that once learned will be much easier to use. I'm really excited about learning it. They're giving us calsses for 2 weeks in several different areas that we use. Of course this means that I really don't have any days off during this time but on the other side I'm being paid to attend. Our teacher is very good at explaining and helping. It's a training program so we actually get to follow through on all the steps of the process. My machine is behaving itself except for being very slow but that is to be expected when there are several people doing the same thing.

No comments: