Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mom's Surprises



I'm updating on the scarf for my mom with a picture. I've been steadily knitting on it and am a little bit more than halfway done.
I did start on her shawl for her birthday at work but I forgot the crochet hook so couldn't do any rows beyond 15. I haven't knitted anymore of it yet. My Queen Anne's Lace is coming along nicely. I have about 16 more rows to knit before finishing chart 2.
I have started learning to crochet. I found this great book that has very clear instructions. I tried crocheting right handed (I'm a lefty). I couldn't get my hands coordinated enough to pull the yarn through the loop on the hook. This book also has instructions fro lefty's, so I'm using them. When I'm further along in my crocheting it sounds like I will need to reverse rows so that it will look like the picture, but that's for later. The book also has projects in it that can be done after learning a few basic stitches. The book is by Leisure Arts and is called 10 20 30 Minutes to Learn to Crochet. the project that I'm doing right now is a dishcloth that uses single crochet and half double crochet stitches. When it's finished I will post a picture.
In other news: I still haven't heard from my son yet as to when he will be arriving home (hopefully soon). I'm taking a short trip with my mom today to Prosser to buy some Chukkar Cherry products to send to my swap partners for Valentine's Day (stitch markers). Mom said there were a few places that she wanted to visit as well.

No comments: