Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Friendship Scarf and Other Projects

I've sent my scarf to Diana T. who is next on the list. I'm eagerly waiting for a scarf to show up in the mail so that I can decide what color to use. Can't wait to see all the scarves when they're completed.
It should be safe enough since my mom doesn't have my blogger address. I'm knitting her a Frost Flowers Scarf for Valentine's Day. The kit can be purchased at Peaches & Creme. The Pattern is by Maile Mauch. I'm also planning on knitting her a shawl for her birthday. She knows what color of yarn is being used since I asked her to pick it out but she doesn't know what it will look like. I have a pattern in mind that uses beads. the pattern is from Knit 1 Magazine Fall/Winter 2008 issue. I just need to wind the yarn and cast on.
On the Queen Anne's Lace, I'm about halfway through chart 2. The bamboo needles work like a charm for the laceweight yarn. I haven't dropped any stitches since switching. As soon as I'm done with chart 2 I will take another picture and post it.
In other News: I haven't heard from my son yet, so I don't know when he'll be arriving. Should hear from him soon though.

No comments: