Friday, February 20, 2009

New Pattern










I've finally created a soap sack pattern using a basketweave stitch. I'm not a big fan of seaming so I used kitchener stitch to close the bottom. I have a pdf of the pattern if anyone would like to make it.

Basket Soap Sack

I've been having lots of fun making stitch markers for swap partners as well as receiving them. My latest swap partner also sent some sock yarn that she dyed just for me. It's called Julie's Jewels and is 100% Merino wool. It's so soft to the touch and the colors are gorgeous. Here's a picture of it.
Update on my mom's scarf: it's done and just needs to be blocked. The friendship scarves continue and I just finished knitting 10" on my third scarf not counting mine, so one more to go and then to finish my own scarf. It's been going extremely well and ahead of schedule. I'm continuing to work on my mom's shawl and should have it done by her birthday in May.

In other news: It was great to have my son home again and it's always hard to see him leave again. We'll be moving at the end of March. Not sure where yet but have started packing.

No comments: